Senior Executive, Strategic PartnershipsSubmitted by Admin on Wed, 05/19/2021 - 16:29
Investisseurs & Partenaires (I&P) is an impact investment group dedicated to promoting African entrepreneurship. Since 2002, I&P has financed and supported more than 150 entrepreneurs in sub-Saharan Africa, from its offices in Senegal, Niger, Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Cameroon, Madagascar, Ghana and Paris (see our website: www.ietp.com).
I&P is committed to fostering the emergence of responsible African businesses, which are key drivers of the growth and development of the African continent. I&P manages several investment vehicles funded by public investors (European Investment Bank, Proparco, SFI ...), private investors (Danone, Crédit Coopératif, AXA IM ...) and family offices/HNWIs, as well as grant programs to cover all the support needs of African SMEs.
I&P’s strategy relies on two pillars, which consist of (i) investing and managing SME funds in Africa and (ii) making the case for a) the role of the African private sector and African entrepreneurs in the development agenda; and b) the relevance of impact investing as a development tool.
As part of its advocacy work and relationship-building with US-based impact investors and donors, I&P decided to establish an office in Washington, DC, in 2019. This role would take over responsibility for that office. The new representative of I&P in the USA aims to (i) develop institutional relations with I&P current impact investors and donors (USAID, IFC, the World Bank…), (ii) support fundraising efforts in the US for all I&P activities and (iii) pursue and amplify advocacy efforts in partnerships with local think-tank and professional networks (GIIN, ANDE, Convergence…).
The position is preferably based in Washington, DC, while other options may be considered. The candidate will report to the Executive Director for Strategic Developments based in Paris and will work closely with the I&P team based across Africa, with a strong footprint in Francophone Africa.
To learn more about I&P, see here.
Investor and Funder relations in North America
- Maintains and deepens relationships with current I&P funders based in North America (USAID, the World Bank Group, IFC, Foundations…) in order to position I&P for increased funding opportunities
- Coordinates with the team in France and Africa to provide information on the funds under management and portfolio companies
- Supports the fundraising efforts on I&P vehicles, with a strong focus on grant funding and blended capital.
- Designs and implements business development strategies in the US for each program/fund depending on their fundraising objectives
- Prepares RFP proposals and interacts with potential donors and impact investors in the US and in Canada.
Advocacy and thought Leadership
- Promotes I&P advocacy goals (African entrepreneurship, impact first investments, blending…) in professional networks (GIIN, Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs, Convergence, etc.) and industry events (SOCAP, Winter Summit…), via participation to working groups, publications and panel discussions.
- Maintains and develops partnerships with high level think tanks to share I&P’s experience with impact investing and promoting African entrepreneurship in Sub Saharan Africa, and contribute to surveys and reports on these themes.
- Writes blogs, stories, reports and articles to communicate on impacts generated by I&P and its portfolio companies.
- In collaboration with I&P's Communication and Advocacy Department, develop a robust action plan to disseminate the knowledge gained through I&P activities and investments to key stakeholders
Management of I&P USA subsidiary
- Drives strategic planning for future growth and development of the I&P USA subsidiary
- Liaise with the local accounting firm and I&P Finance Department on the administrative management of the subsidiary
Skills and experience requirements
- 7 to 10+ years of relevant professional experience including 5 to 7+ years in investor relations or business/product development capacity.
- Deep understanding of Impact Investing frameworks and excellent knowledge of the SME ecosystem in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Experience in the design and implementation of impact investment fund products preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; disciplined, detail-oriented, and accountable.
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to influence, adaptability, dynamism
- Proven experience leading a new initiative, office, or program with limited guidance and no fully-defined playbook
Sharing I&P values: entrepreneurial mindset, commitment to development, integrity and excellence
Academic Background: Business orInternational Affairs or Economics degree, MBA preferred. Ideally with a specialization in Development Economics.
Languages: French (fluent), English (fluent)
Travel: Mostly within North America (US and Canada), but occasional travel to France (I&P HQ) and Sub Saharan Africa (portfolio companies) may be required. At or less than 25% of the time.
Process and Timing
Full time US contract, starting on July 1st, 2021.
Preferably in Washington, DC
Competitive compensation package; commensurate with skills and experience.
Before June 11th, 2021: Resume and cover letter to be sent to Emilie Debled (firstname.lastname@example.org) with reference "REC_SE_IPUSA"
Interviews and final candidate selection
From July 1st: start of employment
Without any response from us by the end of June, please consider that your application has not been selected.