Investment Director: I&P Education to EmploymentSubmitted by Admin on Mon, 05/25/2020 - 11:06
Full time contract from November 1st, 2020,
In Dakar or Abidjan
Investisseurs & Partenaires (I&P) is an impact investment group exclusively focused on African SMEs. Since 2002, I&P has financed and supported more than 120 entrepreneurs in 16 countries in sub-Saharan Africa: Senegal, Mauritania, Mali, Benin, Niger, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Madagascar, etc. (see our website: www.ietp.com/en).
Our mission is to foster the emergence of responsible entrepreneurs and businesses, which are at the core of an inclusive growth and sustainable development in Africa. I&P manages several investment funds supported by public investors (European Investment Bank, Proparco, IFC, etc.), private investors (Danone, Crédit Coopératif, AXA IM, etc.), Foundations and HNWIs.
As part of a new strategic development, I&P is looking for an investment director, whose mission will be to contribute to the structuring and the fundraising of an impact fund entirely dedicated to the education sector in Africa. Once the fund has made a first closing, by the end of 2021, the Investment Director can be based full time in Dakar or Abidjan. During the fundraising process a high geographic mobility between France and Africa is needed, while the job can be temporarily located in Paris.
- Coaches and advises entrepreneurs, as an active minority stakeholder
- Responsible for the deal flow development
- Defines with his/her team the Due diligence programs
- Leads deals’ negotiation
- Manages the entire portfolio, with monthly dashboards
- Can manage a portfolio of 3 to 4 investments directly and take board seats
- Sits in all investment decision-making committees
- In charge of recruiting and organizing the investment team
- Promote the team’s skills development
- Ensures team’s cohesion and motivation
- Defines KPIs and conducts annual interviews
► Active contribution to the fundraising process and investor relations:
- Participates in the Business Plan’s implementation, in the drafting of commercial and legal documentation, as well as in negotiations with potential investors
- Contributes to reporting and I&P Annual General Meetings to present the fund's activity
► Participation in I&P’s representation activities and advocacy within the major professional networks and sector events
Professional experience: We will consider applications from private equity professionals, investors, financial experts close to SMEs, with at least 10 years of experience in the management of equity participations. Excellent knowledge of the SME ecosystem in sub-Saharan Africa as well as knowledge of the issues facing the African education sector are appreciated.
Sharing I&P values: entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to development, integrity and high standards
Academic Background: Leading Business or Engineering School, French or Anglo-Saxon, MBA, Master of Science in Finance. Ideally with a specialization in finance.
Languages: Fluent in French and English.
Qualities required: Leadership, Adaptability, Ability to communicate, Dynamism, Interpersonal skills, Listening, Intellectual rigor, proven skills of synthesis and negotiation.
Permanent contract from November 1st, 2020.
In Dakar or Abidjan. A high geographic mobility between France and Africa will be necessary during the fundraising process, by the end of 2021.
Package according to experience and skills.
- Before June 15th, 2020: Resume+ covering letter to Isabelle Colin and Emilie Debled: (firstname.lastname@example.org), with reference « REC_DI_EDU »
- June-August 2020: Interviews and case study
- November 1st 2020: start of the contract
If we did not reply to your application by the end of June, please consider our answer as negative.