Investment AnalystSubmitted by Admin on Thu, 01/11/2024 - 16:09
About Investisseurs & Partenaires
Investisseurs & Partenaires (I&P) is an impact investment group exclusively focused on Africa’s SMEs with EUR 400m in assets under management. Since 2002, I&P has financed and supported more than 200 entrepreneurs in some 20 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, and sponsored 8 African SME funds; I&P’s team is based in 10 countries including Ghana, Kenya, Senegal, Mali, Niger, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Madagascar, etc. (see our website: www.ietp.com/en).
Our mission is to foster the emergence of entrepreneurs and SMEs, which are at the core of an inclusive growth and sustainable development in Africa. I&P manages several investment funds supported by development finance institutions, corporates and HNWIs.
Background on the Mastercard Foundation Africa Growth Fund
The Mastercard Foundation Africa Growth Fund (the Fund) is a US$ 200m Fund-of-Funds created by Mastercard Foundation and a consortium of partners led by MEDA. I&P is the Fund Advisor for this Fund-of-Funds, in charge of sourcing, assessing and supporting the portfolio of investment vehicles.
The Fund invests in gender-lens and women-led investment vehicles across Sub-Saharan Africa with a focus on first-time and emerging fund managers. It aims to accelerate the growth of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) across Africa, with the goal of creating work opportunities for young people – particularly young women – and building long-term economic resilience on the continent. The initiative also includes a significant Business Development Services platform that benefits both SMEs and investment vehicles.
More information is available on https://africagrowthfund.org/
About the role
I&P is seeking an Investment Analyst who will work under the supervision of the Director of Fund-of-Funds, to implement the Mastercard Foundation Africa Growth Fund's investment strategy, in particular to source, due diligence and support several new investment vehicles on the continent. She/he will work closely with the entire Fund-of-funds team based in Ghana, Senegal and Kenya.
This is a rare opportunity to contribute tangibly to the growth of the African impact investing sector and to the mainstreaming of gender-lens investing, via backing emerging fund managers dedicated to financing African SMEs.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Conduct initial assessments of investment opportunities in African funds, as part of the sourcing strategy of the Mastercard Foundation Africa Growth Fund
- Support the investment team to undertake due diligence on African funds, including their track record, investment strategy, portfolio and pipeline, impact framework, gender-lens methodology, modeling, legal and tax structuring, organization, etc.
- Research and map the private equity and venture capital sector in Africa, including the pipeline of fund managers and key trends of the sector
- Support the team to capitalize on learnings and communicate achievements
- Support the management of the fund's governance (investment committees, reporting, etc.)
- Currently undertaking a master’s degree with a specialization in entrepreneurship, finance, management or business strategy
- First experience in finance (private equity, venture capital, consulting, or any related field) is mandatory
- Good knowledge or working experience within Sub Saharan Africa’s investment industry
- Experience working with startups and SMEs is a plus
- Open-mindedness, strong ability to adapt and learn in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical, synthesis, and writing skills
- Fit with I&P’s values: entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to development, integrity and high standards
- Passion for the emergence of new fund managers and investment vehicles to finance African SMEs
- Commitment to gender-lens investing and principles of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Full spoken and written English required
- Mastery of Office suite
The position will be based in I&P’s office in Paris, France. The start date will be as soon as possible from March 1st. Remuneration package commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Investment Analyst, LAST NAME by January 31st and attach:
- Your CV (no more than 2 pages) and,
- A one-page cover letter
We thank you for your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.