ACEP Burkina is a MFI specialized in the financing of micro companies and very small enterprises existing in towns and close suburbs. Granted credits are mainly used to finance required working capital and investments.
I&P and ACEP International which are old partners have decided to partner in 2008 to try to start a microfinance institution like ACEP in the country. In spite of a preexisting important mutual fund present in town zone, small entrepreneurs remain hardly linked to microfinance. Besides, it does not exist for the moment in Burkina Faso, a microfinance institution specialized in individual credit with an effective and appropriate technique of credit risk analysis towards very small companies.
Financings trough subventions have been secured from the French Agency of Development then an agreement has been obtained from the ministry of finances in June 2012. The microfinance institution has started its activities in October 2012.
PARTNERSHIP WTH I&P
I&P is committed alongside ACEP Burkina to:
• Write the business plan and constitute the round table
• Support ACEP in the research of external funding to extend its portfolio
• Contribute to reinforce the skills of the management team through a technical assistance program
• ACEP Burkina will bring an offer adapted to the financing of town small entrepreneurs
• Set up a health coverage and a CSR policy, as well as a road safety plan