New impact study on I&P’s portfolio: ITGStore in CameroonSubmitted by Admin on Thu, 10/19/2017 - 14:57
Each year I&P conducts an in-depth impact study on one of its portfolio companies. This year’s study focuses on ITGStore, an ITC company based in Cameroon. It was conducted by I&P and FERDI (the Foundation for International Development Study and Research).
Presentation of ITGStore
ITGStore is an IT engineering company specialized in the integration, monitoring and maintenance of network and telecommunication facilities. It was founded in 2006 by Gabriel Fopa and Eric Heslot. Based in Douala, the company operates both in Cameroon and in the region (Chad, Central African Republic, Congo, Niger….)
ITGStore aims to offer local high-quality services with strong added value. Relying on a local team of expert engineers, ITG has earned the trust of major clients operating in the region.
A few words on the study
• Promoting local talent: ITGStore gives young Cameroonians who have just earned a university degree their first access to the labor market.
• Creating jobs: 35% of employees got their first job at ITGStore
• Formalization of the economy: All employees (80) have a lawful employment contract (whereas 90% of Cameroon’s working population works in the informal sector)
• Social Protection: ITGStore offers its employees private health insurance, which covers two people on average (the employee and a family member)
• Human capital: the company provides 3 training courses per employee on average
The Foundation for International Development Study and Research (Ferdi), was created in 2003 on the initiative of the Cerdi (University of Auvergne and CNRS). Its purpose is to promote a fuller understanding of international economic development and the factors that influence it. It supports research activities that make use of the most modern and most directly relevant instruments of economics to study development, and seeks to strengthen the potential of the French-speaking world in this area.
Investisseurs & Partenaires
Investisseurs & Partenaires is an impact investment group dedicated to African Small and Medium Enterprises. Since its creation in 2002, I&P has invested in more than 50 companies, located in 15 African countries and operating in various sectors of activity (health, transport, microfinance...). These enterprises create local “added value” and long-term employment, and generate important social, environmental and governance impact.