Publication of the ESG / Impact IPDEV2 reportSubmitted by Admin on Wed, 09/16/2020 - 14:04
Since 2015, I&P Développement 2 (IPDEV 2) is a partner and sponsor of 5 African impact funds - Sinergi Burkina in Burkina Faso, Miarakap in Madagascar, Sinergi in Niger, Comoé Capital in Ivory Coast and Teranga Capital in Senegal - dedicated to the financing of start-ups and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) on the continent.
Through IPDEV 2, I&P shares a capital investment methodology and sponsors new African projects alongside the Africa-based investment teams in an in-depth partnership to launch their activities and address their key challenges. This mechanism offers a wide range of support: investments and grants, coaching and access to a network of African and international mentors, investors and entrepreneurs.
The drafting and publication of the ESG/Impact annual report for the year 2019 provides an assessment of the main impacts of the fund and its portfolio companies in relation to the objectives set, namely the support of 500 companies, the creation of 15,000 jobs and the creation of 5 other investment funds in East and Central Africa.
Some key figures for the year 2019:
- 31 new companies in the IPDEV 2 impact funds portfolio
- 840 jobs created and 7000 people impacted by job creation
- 80% of the suppliers involved in the companies' activities are national suppliers
- 59% of partner companies respond to essential goods and services of the Sustainable Development Objectives related to the eradication of famine, education, health and energy services.
- 47% of the employees of the IPDEV 2 investment teams are women