ETC is a small cereal processing and marketing company based in Niamey and managed by Mrs Liman Aminatou.
ETC sources raw materials produced by small-scale producers in Niger (millet, sorghum, rice) and markets food products (flour, couscous, dégué, etc.).
SINERGI Niger invested in the company in 2009 and made an exit in 2014.
In 5 years, the company has doubled its turnover and reached a profitability of 16%. It has created 9 jobs, mainly for women. SINERGI supported the promoter in the financial structuring of its activity and in obtaining new commercial contracts.
The exit was achieved in 2014, with an annual internal rate of return (IRR) of 10% for SINERGI. The promoter wanted SINERGI's support to continue after the exit, proof of the quality of the relationship.
CONTRIBUTIONS OF SINERGI
- Construction and equipment of a workshop
- Formalisation, management support and accounting follow-up
- Commercial support (support in developing a marketing plan)
IMPACTS OF THE COMPANY
- Creation of 10 permanent jobs
- Contractualisation of purchases with a group of farmers