Incas is a medical diagnostics social enterprise based in Ghana, which seeks to save lives through the design and production of low-cost, easy-to-use, point-of-care diagnostic test kits designed specifically for Africa. Since its inception, Incas Diagnostics has been committed to ensuring that all persons enjoy good health and wellbeing, by making available effective, efficient, and easily accessible test kits at affordable prices for various purposes.
Incas was founded by Laud Anthony Basing, who has 10 years of experience as a microbiologist and over a decade of experience in molecular-based research. Laud was previously a Laboratory Auditor for the African Society for Laboratory Medicine (ASLM) in Ethiopia where he audited African laboratories enrolled in the SLIPTA Programme, a framework for improving the quality of public health laboratories in developing countries to achieve the requirements of the ISO 15189 standard. Laud worked as a Lecturer at Kumasi University of Science and Technology (KNUST) where he taught Medical Diagnostics and Microbiology before founding Incas.
Partnership with I&P
Incas is supported by I&P through I&P Acceleration in Sahel. In Ghana, the monitoring and the implementation of the program is lead by Wangara Green Ventures.
This partnership aims at :
- Complete formalization of business (accounting and financial support, implementation of administrative, accounting and HR procedures)
- Review and implement waste treatment procedure
- Support Business development and capital raise
- Increase in innovation in the Ghanaian and African biotech space
- Directly contributing to the increase in good health and well-being of individuals
- Contribute to decent work and economic growth