The fifth edition of the Social & Inclusive Business Camp (SIBC) has come to an endSubmitted by Admin on Thu, 01/20/2022 - 20:07
The fifth edition of the Social & Inclusive Business Camp (SIBC), the pan-African acceleration program financed by the Agence Française de Développement Campus and implemented by a consortium of partners led by I&P Conseil, comes to an end.
After three months of remote coaching with the help of numerous practical tools, virtual classes and online courses from the African Management Institute, the collective adventure of SIBC 2021 ended in December on an intensive week of bootcamp in Marseille, in the presence of the 33 entrepreneurs that were able to make the trip.
This bootcamp was an opportunity to revisit the key themes of the program that gave the entrepreneurs the opportunity to consolidate their action plans in order to serenely approach their growth strategy, prepare their fundraising, and strengthen their managerial and leadership skills. At the end of the workshops, the SIBC 2021 class took part in the EMERGING Valley Summit during which the entrepreneurs met partner funds and financial structures (FADEV, Saviu VC, BNP, BPI, Gemini Africa, Kepple Africa Ventures, SIDI, Mercy Corps...) and made numerous professional contacts.
Six entrepreneurs particularly stood out for their involvement in the program and were able to pitch in the presence of Mr. Christian YOKA, Director of the Africa Department of AFD, at the closing of EMERGING Valley.
- Ayité AJAVON - Africube (Togo)
- Founfonsi Mathe ALLAH - African Food Nutrition (Burkina Faso)
- Anita KEVIN - Amina Dyslexia Center (Nigeria)
- Khadidiatou SAR - Ferme Piscicole et Agricole de Mbawane (Sénégal)
- Amira IRMAL - Mehan Houra (Algérie)
- James CHEGE - Usamala Technologies (Kenya - excusé)
I&P Conseil would like to thank the many experts who were involved in this event (AMI, ScaleChanger, CERISE, Sparknews, Miarakap, Ange Frédérick BALMA from Lifi-Led, Paul LANGLOIS-MEURINNE from Optimetriks, Seynabou DIENG from Maya...) as well as the 40 entrepreneurs of the 2021 cohort for their energy and their unfailing commitment throughout the program.
Since 2017, SIBC has assisted 240 impact entrepreneurs in their development on the African continent, realizing the program's main objectives:
- Accelerate and spread the entrepreneurial culture on the continent to build a successful private sector creating value and formal employment
- Provide entrepreneurs with concrete skills to maximize their impact and go up to scale (work on development strategy, preparation of fundraising, creation of financing opportunities...)
- Federate a pan-African community willing to collaborate and help each other, thanks to the links established during the bootcamp but also to the commitment of many alumni in the mentoring system allowing each participant to be followed and advised
The implementing consortium
The Social & Inclusive Business Camp is funded by the Agence Française du Développement (AFD).
The Agence Française de Développement (AFD) funds, supports and accelerates the transitions to a fairer and more sustainable world.
Focusing on climate, biodiversity, peace, education, urban development, health and governance, our teams carry out more than 4,000 projects in France’s overseas departments and territories and another 115 countries. In this way, we contribute to the commitment of France and French people to support the sustainable development goals. https://www.afd.fr/
Today, AFD has placed its trust in Investisseurs & Partenaires, African Management Institute (AMI), ScaleChanger and StartupBRICS to implement the program. With a strong pedagogical team and an in-depth knowledge of African entrepreneurship, the consortium will endorse SIBC’s values to support closely African entrepreneurs in their acceleration.
The program is implemented by an international consortium coordinated by Investisseurs & Partenaires (I&P Conseil)
With the financial support of the Monegasque Development Cooperation