I&P publishes its first global impact reportSubmitted by Admin on Thu, 10/15/2020 - 10:21
I&P is pleased to present its first annual impact report. Historically, we have measured our impact and achievements in individual reports at the level of our various investment vehicles (and we will continue to do so!). This report is our first attempt to capture an aggregate picture of the collective results of our mission across the entire organization and team.
About the report
a word from Jean-Michel Severino, CEO of Investisseurs & Partenaires
I&P’s mission is to achieve major development outcomes in Africa through supporting the emergence of a new generation of responsible entrepreneurs. This mission percolates in the creation and development of formal African businesses, which become more professional, more socially responsible, more efficient and more inclusive, particularly in terms of gender.
This report amply demonstrates the significance of I&P’s contribution and that of our partner companies, to the sustainable development of the African continent. In concrete terms, the companies we support are making a difference in their communities, often in a much broader way than numbers alone can capture.
Table of contents
This aggregate report attempts to capture the overall impact results we are achieving. It presents an overview of I&P's activities and impact methodology and goes through our six impact pillars :
1. Developing African entrepreneurship: supporting entrepreneurs rooted in the continent is at the core of our mission. I&P also focuses mainly on Least Developed or fragile Countries in West Africa, Indian Ocean and Central Africa.
2. Creating decent jobs: I&P supports SMEs that have a strong job creation potential, while simultaneously helping to improve the quality of these jobs.
3. Providing SGG-aligned goods and services: the vast majority of our investees improve local access to essential goods or services, in close alignment with the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
4. Promoting women’s empowerment: I&P’s overall objective is to promote gender equality within formal SMEs in Sub-Saharan Africa. We seek to proactively develop a pipeline of SMEs that address the specific needs of women, focus on women’s inclusion, empower women in decision-making processes, and provide them access to decent jobs and training opportunities.
5. Strengthening the local economic fabric: the companies supported by I&P contribute to strengthening important local networks, thereby generating new opportunities for small suppliers and distributors in the countries where they operate.
6. Fostering environmentally-friendly development: I&P is promoting sustainable growth through investment in resource-efficient companies with limited carbon footprints. We believe that our partner companies can play an active role in experiencing and sharing replicable, efficient and renewable energy solutions.
Read more about our impact policy
Discover our latest vehicle-based impact reports: