BIOPROTECT is a production and marketing unit for organic inputs (biopesticides and organic amendments) based on local natural resources (mushrooms, plants, agricultural and livestock residues). To date, it markets eight products on the Burkinabe market:
- 2 biostimulants/fungicides (to stimulate the natural defences of plants)
- 4 organic insecticides
- 1 food storage warehouse treatment product
Beyond producing and marketing organic inputs, BIOPROTECT offers other services that complement the input activity which are :
- The processing and/or marketing of raw products (tomato puree, green beans, sesame) from the exploitation of market gardeners and farmers accompanied by the company.
- The provision of services (technical support, training, assistance, advice) to natural and legal persons active or wishing to engage in ecological/biological production
Mr. Arsène SAVADOGO, is a graduate of a double master's degree in strategy of agri-food companies and in economic and financial engineering of projects and public policies. Mr. SAVADOGO has been managing BIOPROTECT since its creation in 2011. He is currently coordinating a multi-stakeholder consortium (composed of INERA, IRD, ARFA, BIOPHYTECH and BIOPROTECT) led by BIOPROTECT-B which is working on a research and development programme on quality improvement of organic soil improvers funded by the EU.
CONTRIBUTIONS FROM SINERGI BURKINA
Bioprotect is supported by Sinergi Burkina through private equity.
- Consolidation of existing jobs and job creation
- Development of sustainable agriculture
- Valorization of local products
ABOUT SINERGI BURKINA
Created in 2014, Sinergi Burkina is the first impact investment fund dedicated to financing and supporting SMEs and start-ups in Burkina Faso. Headed by Job Zongo, Sinergi Burkina is the second investment fund sponsored by Investisseurs & Partenaires as part of the I&P Développement 2 fund. The fund network currently includes a fund in Niger (Sinergi Niger), Côte d'Ivoire (Comoé Capital), Senegal (Teranga Capital) and Madagascar (Miarakap). → To learn more about Sinergi Burkina