La Maison Fenel
La Maison Fenel produces and markets fashion accessories (fitted accessories, ordinary sewing accessories and leather goods accessories) from local fabrics woven in Burkina Faso (Faso Danfani).
Fenel was founded in 2019 by Angéline TRAORE YOUGBARE, who before creating the company, worked for 10 years as manager and main designer at Nagteedo Création, a company specialized in fashion and pearl jewelry. Passionate about fashion since 2007, it is in 2019 that she started to develop local woven loincloths such as the Faso Dan fani.
Contribution of I&P Acceleration in Sahel and Sinergi Burkina
La Maison Fenel is supported by Sinergi Burkina as part of the I&P Acceleration program in Sahel.
The main objectives of this partnership are to :
- Increase production capacity and product quality
- Diversify the company's products by launching a range of ready-to-wear products made from Faso Danfani
- Set up an internal accounting system kept by a professional
- Strengthen the sales force and the visibility of the company
- Restructuring the company and strengthening its management system
- Consolidation of 7 existing full-time jobs and creation of 6 new formal jobs for young people and full-time women
- Contribution to the national economy through the payment of taxes to the tax authorities
- Increased revenues for Faso Danfani loincloth weavers
- Creation of a strong added value through the valorization of local products
- Reducing imports of fashion accessories and strengthening exports
About Sinergi Burkina
Created in 2014, Sinergi Burkina is the first impact investment fund dedicated to financing and supporting SMEs and start-ups in Burkina Faso. Headed by Job Zongo, Sinergi Burkina is the second investment fund sponsored by Investisseurs & Partenaires as part of the I&P Développement 2 fund. The fund network currently includes a fund in Niger (Sinergi Niger), Côte d'Ivoire (Comoé Capital), Senegal (Teranga Capital) and Madagascar (Miarakap). → To learn more about Sinergi Burkina