Xoom Wireless is a Gambia-based internet service provider, established in 2017. It was granted a full operating licence in 2018 by the Gambian Public Utilities Regulatory Authority. The company intends to offer a wide range of broadband products to Gambian users through "LTE TDD" technology in and around Banjul.
Kalifa FAAL is a computer science graduate from Florida State University. He has more than 10 years of experience in internet and web technologies. He worked for 8 years in the United States as a sales and marketing manager. He is the founder and CEO of KMF Technology, a computer hardware and tool supply company based in The Gambia.
PARTNERSHIP WITH TERANGA CAPITAL
Teranga Capital's investment in Xoom Wireless aims to :
- Support the reflection on the first phase of deployment and future extensions of the activity
- Strengthen managerial, technical and administrative management capacities by supporting the development of management methods and tools.
- To enable the project to benefit from Teranga Capital's network, to put it in touch with partner companies in Senegal and abroad.
- Management of energy consumption (electricity, water and diesel)
- Formalization of human resources, recruitment of qualified personnel
- Support for the implementation of financial and administrative management tools
ABOUT TERANGA CAPITAL
Teranga Capital is the first impact investment fund dedicated to the financing and support of Senegalese SMEs and start-ups. Headed by Olivier Furdelle, Teranga Capital is the third African fund sponsored by Investisseurs & Partenaires under the I&P Développement 2 program. The network currently includes a fund in Niger (Sinergi Niger), Burkina Faso (Sinergi Burkina), Ivory Coast (Comoé Capital) and Madagascar (Miarakap).