The IPDEV 2 fund impact report for the year 2020 is online!Submitted by Admin on Mon, 08/02/2021 - 14:44
Since 2002, I&P has developed the program IPDEV 2 in order to finance small businesses and build a network of local funds in sub-Saharan African countries. I&P Développement 2 (IPDEV 2) aims to create 10 local investment funds and to finance 500 SMEs in 10 countries in 10 years. Today, the fund sponsors Comoé Capital in Côte d'Ivoire, Teranga Capital in Senegal, Sinergi in Burkina Faso, Sinergi in Niger, and Miarakap in Madagascar, and finances high-potential companies specializing in various sectors in these respective countries.
Each year, I&P produces an annual impact report to assess the progress of the project and to analyze the environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance of our activities.
In 2020, IPDEV 2 represents :
- 47 investment professionals recruited and trained to implement IPDEV 2
- 34 companies financed through equity investment (versus 31 in 2019)
- 43 companies financed through seed financing (versus 32 in 2019)
- 770 permanent jobs, including 142 jobs created
- 78% of jobs have been formalized
- 35% of portfolio companies are led by women
The covid-19 health crisis was unprecedented and slowed down our activities and those of our portfolio companies. Faced with the economic difficulties, IPDEV 2 teams have implemented specific strategies to safeguard jobs and help companies maintain their activities despite the crisis.
Some key figures :
- 563 jobs were maintained, including 226 permanent jobs directly threatened by the closures and the drop in sales
- 11 companies benefited from emergency financing in the form of a zero interest repayable advance through I&P Acceleration in Sahel, financed by the European Union
- IPDEV 2 teams have reinforced their support to SMEs in the portfolio, enabling 10 SMEs to continue to develop their sales during the crisis and hire new employees