Since 2019 with the support of the European Union, I&P has been preparing small and medium-sized enterprises in the Sahelian sub-region for investment through the I&P Acceleration in the Sahel program. Three years after its launch, I&P is proud to present the first lessons of the program, identified following the mid-term evaluation carried out by Dalberg consulting firm.
PSSP Impact+ is a company specialized in the recovery and treatment of infectious biomedical waste in Cotonou, Benin.
PSSP Impact+ was founded by Dr Abdou Latif MOUSSE, a cardiologist. He has over 25 years' management experience as founder and General Manager of the Atinkanmey Polyclinic, one of the leading references in its sector in Benin. Before setting up his own polyclinic in 1996, Dr. Latif MOUSSE accumulated a wealth of experience in Benin, Côte d'Ivoire and France. Dr MOUSSE is very active in promoting and developing the private health sector through the Association Cliniques Privées du Bénin (ACPB), of which he is president.
Partenariat avec I&P
PSSP Impact+ is supported by I&P through the I&P Accélération au Sahel program. The aim of this partnership is to :
- Reinforcing bio-medical waste collection capacity through the acquisition of an additional 18.75m2 van, which can load around 20 garbage cans per trip;
- Building up a stock of spare parts and setting up a maintenance contract with the equipment manufacturer to anticipate any breakdowns linked to wear and tear on the processing equipment, and thus guarantee smooth, uninterrupted operations.
- Business development through the recruitment of a dedicated sales agent
- Strengthening the accounting and financial function and improving occupational health and safety practices in line with the requirements of its business sector, thanks to the implementation of an occupational health and safety manual and the training of technical staff
Rock is a Malian company specializing in the production of industrial slabs and pavers for indoor and outdoor paving.
Rock was founded in 2019 by Mohamed Arbi, a 30-year-old Malian entrepreneur with a solid knowledge of the building and civil engineering sector, who was quick to understand customers' expectations in terms of industrial slabs and pavers. He embodies the vision and determination of Mali's younger generation of entrepreneurs.
Partnership with Zira Capital
Rock is supported by I&P and Zira Capital through I&P Acceleration in Sahel. The aim of this partnership is to :
- Increase production capacity by fully industrializing the production process and reducing lead times
- Increase sales to B2B customers through the implementation of an adapted sales strategy
- Support the company in structuring its key functions (HR, accounting, etc.)
- Equip the company with an accounting management system and an administrative procedures manual
AK Services, also known as Restaurant Chez Fitini, is a Burkinabè agri-food SME specializing in food service (specifically local meals) and event catering (weddings, birthdays, christenings, etc.). The company's target clientele consists mainly of individuals, companies, NGOs and local authorities. In just a few years, the company has built up a solid reputation, and enjoys the trust of a large portfolio of private and professional customers in Burkina Faso.
The company was founded in 2019 by Ms Assétou KOUANDA, who has over 10 years' experience in preparing African and European dishes.With a BAC G2 in accounting, her passion for cooking goes back to her childhood spent alongside her aunt who owned a restaurant in Ouagadougou's Paagla Yiri neighborhood. Over the years, she has acquired solid experience in the kitchen and consolidated her passion for entrepreneurship through trips to countries such as Côte d'Ivoire, Senegal, Mali, France, Turkey and China, where she had the opportunity to take part in various training courses on the culinary arts.
Partnership with Sinergi Burkina
AK Services is supported by I&P and Sinergi Burkina through I&P Acceleration in Sahel. The main aims of this partnership are to :
- Increase the company's production capacity and improve the quality of its products and services
- Expand its customer base and strengthen its brand image
- Support the company in its management (implementation of an appropriate formal management system, including accounting, financial and tax management, production management and human resources management)
Lamana is a Cameroonian agri-food company producing baby foods marketed under Blesolac brand. The brand's products are a local alternative to imported infant foods, which are mainly sourced from foreign imports and have dominated the market in Cameroon for decades. The company, made up of 13 employees, has worked to build a brand that is now present in almost 45 sales outlets spread over 4 towns. The company has won a number of entrepreneurial awards to date, including the prestigious Castel Foundation's top prize for Cameroon's most promising entrepreneurs.
Lamana was created in 2017 by Pascaline Nenda, a young Cameroonian woman who began her entrepreneurial career after the birth of her daughter. Graduating in 2008 with a BTS in marketing and communications from the Institut Supérieur de Management (ISMA) in 2009 she secured her first job as an archivist at Yaoundé's Agence de Régulation des Marchés Publics. It was during this gap year and a visit to her home village that she was struck by the recipes based on local tropical fruits and tubers, which her grandmother used for her child's meals. On her return to the city, she decided to adopt this way of eating completely.
Partnership with I&P
Lamana is supported by I&P through I&P Acceleration in Sahel. The aim of this partnership is to help the company increase its production capacity and expand into a new market segment through :
- acquiring more efficient production machinery
- relaunching the marketing of mini-formats (50g) of products
- restructuring the company by strengthening the management system
Afroto is a Niger-based industrialized production company for premium visuals, based on a networked community and present in 15 African countries for the benefit of institutional clients. The company offers international organizations and institutions photo and video coverage of their events. The ambition of this young SME is to create the leading community of photographers and videographers in Africa.
Afroto was founded by Alexandre Bonneau, a young entrepreneur passionate about photography. Holder of a Master of Science in Entrepreneurship and Innovation from SKEMA Business School (France), he started photography at the age of 14 and through feedback from meetings with photographers/videographers before enrolling in master classes and other training courses
Partnership with Sinergi
Afroto is supported by Sinergi and I&P through I&P Acceleration in Sahel. This partnership aims to :
- Recruit 2 junior developers
- Recruit a Business Developer/Sale Key Accounts
- Recruit a Business Developer/Sale Medium and Small Accounts
- Recruit an Administrative and Accounting Assistant
From June 14 to 17, I&P and The African Club of Entrepreneurs hold the 9th edition of the Entrepreneurs’ seminar. This 3-day training session dedicated to digital gathered about sixty African entrepreneurs operating in a dozen sub-Saharan African countries.
Subito International is a young Senegalese company specialized in private transportation (car rental, airport shuttles). Today, the company's client portfolio includes individuals and companies (Air France, French Embassy, etc.), as well as hosting sites (Booking), etc.
Subito was created in 2018 by Mor Lamotte, a Senegalese entrepreneur with a Master's degree in Port Management and Logistics.
Partnership with Teranga Capital and I&P
Subito is supported by Teranga Capital and I&P through I&P Acceleration in Sahel with the following objectives
- refine its positioning in the B2B and B2C segments by offering a wider range of services that effectively meet the needs of each customer segment while maintaining high quality standards
- strengthen and improve the quality of the vehicle fleet
- structure the company's activities in business development, accounting, finance, labor, tax and regulations
- better manage operations by improving the reservation management system, implementing an operational monitoring system (monitoring of drivers, vehicles, flow, etc.) and investing in the training and professionalization of drivers
Massaka is a media and communication consulting company in Burkina Faso offering communication to national and international institutions, NGOs and associations. It also offers a service of media coverage and advertorial, online training via its web platform named “Agribusiness TV” whose vocation is to promote agricultural innovations and youth entrepreneurship.
Massaka was created by 2 young entrepreneurs passionate about rural development issues:
- Inoussa MAIGA : President of the company, and in charge of the coordination of the communication for development branch of activities. He holds a master’s degree in information and communication technology, option communication for development from the Joseph KI-ZERBO University and an international master’s degree in media management from the Ecole Supérieur de Journalisme de Lille. He has more than 10 years of experience in the field of information and communication.
- Nawsheen Bibi HOSENALLY : Co-manager and in charge of the coordination of the activity branch Agribusiness TV. She holds an MSc in Management and Information Systems (Change and Development) from the University of Manchester, and a Bachelor of Science from the University of Mauritius in Agriculture, option Vulgarisation Agricole. She has over 10 years of experience in communication and media management.
Partnership with Sinergi Burkina and I&P
Massaka is supported by I&P and Sinergi Burkina through I&P Accelération in Sahel. This partnership aims at :
- Strengthen the organization and structuring of the Agribusiness TV platform (access to a premium space, online training, instructional manuals, networking, etc.)
- Develop editorial projects to increase the audience of Agribusiness TV and build loyalty
- Acquire production and reporting equipment (journalist kits)
- Strengthen the company’s structure and management system
- Consolidation of 13 existing jobs and creation of 8 new permanent full-time jobs
- Contribution to the promotion of agriculture and youth entrepreneurship
- Improve the structuration and organization of the company
- Contribution to the national economy through the payment of taxes to the tax authorities
GMM Koira Ma Hansé is a company specialized in security, guarding and repair services (electricity, water) and cleaning in Niger.
GMM Koira Ma Hansé was created in 2017 by Hamidou Abdoulaye, an entrepreneur. He cumulates 9 years of experience in security and cleaning.
Partnership with I&P and Sinergi
GMM Koira Ma Hansé is supported by Sinergi and I&P through I&P Acceleration in Sahel. This partnership aims at strengthening the company’s structure and developing new products, in particular a video surveillance service (events, premises, warehouses) and geolocation to fight against robberies, a common problem for companies and individuals in Niger.