Le Lionceau is a small senegalese company specialized in the production and marketing of smooth purée for children from 6 months to 36 months. The products are of high nutritional quality and made from locally produced fruits, vegetables, cereals and ingredients.
The company was created by two agricultural engineers graduated from Montpellier Sup Agro who are :
Mrs Siny SAMBA, Engineer graduated from Montpellier Sup Agro, with a specialization in infant nutrition and significant experience in a large multinational company specialized in infant food.
Mr. Rémi FILASTO', Engineer graduated from Montpellier Sup Agro, with a specialization in financing of agro/agri companies in France.
Le Lionceau benefits from the I&P Acceleration in Sahel program with a funding of 30 million CFA francs (€45,000) whose objectives are to :
- Accompany the company in strategic thinking to meet the challenges of marketing, brand development, supply and positioning.
- Support the company in the implementation of a management system including the management of financial and operational data, inventory, treasury and human resources.
- The creation and formalization of stable jobs
- The valorization of local raw materials
- The fight against child malnutrition
- Fiscal and social formalization
About Teranga Capital
Teranga Capital is the first impact investment fund dedicated to the financing and support of Senegalese SMEs and start-ups. Headed by Olivier Furdelle, Teranga Capital is the third African fund sponsored by Investisseurs & Partenaires under the I&P Développement 2 program. The network currently includes a fund in Niger (Sinergi Niger), Burkina Faso (Sinergi Burkina), Ivory Coast (Comoé Capital) and Madagascar (Miarakap). → Find out more about Teranga Capital