SECAS (ex La Vivrière)
LA VIVRIERE is a senegalese SME specializing in the processing and marketing of local cereals created in 1992. With a single raw material at the beginning, millet, the company also processes maize and cowpea and markets pre-cooked fonio. It offers a wide range of traditionally African and typically Senegalese products which are sold under the brand name WIIW, on the local market and exported to the European Union, the United States, Canada and the rest of Africa.
Thanks to the quality of its products, the company has been awarded several times the quality prize by the European Union within the framework of its programs for the promotion of local cereals in Senegal.
In 2019, La Vivrière became the Société d'Exploitation des Céréales Africaines du Sénégal "SECAS" following the entry into its capital of FONSIS and Teranga Capital.
Bineta Kone COULIBALY is an engineer in statistics and training and has a master's degree in economics and a higher diploma in management from the C.E.S.A.G. She was head of the economic and social statistics office before joining the BHS (Banque de l'Habitat du Sénégal).
She is a founding member of the group of local cereal processors in Senegal (T.C.L), of the national committee of the millet / sorghum initiative, of AAFEX, and of the association for the sustainability of family businesses.
PARTNERSHIP WITH TERANGA CAPITAL
Teranga Capital's investment in LA VIVRIERE aims to :
- Support the reflection on the extension of activities, national development in the first instance and partnership and support for the development of management methods and tools
- Support for the establishment of effective governance and the creation of a new production unit and its implementation.
- Connect with potential stakeholders in Senegal and abroad
- Promotion of local raw materials
- Support for the implementation of effective governance and commercial, financial and administrative management tools
- Declaration and continuation of the formalization of salaried staff and the implementation of health coverage
- Tax formalization and remittance of VAT and other applicable taxes and dutie
ABOUT TERANGA CAPITAL
Teranga Capital is the first impact investment fund dedicated to the financing and support of Senegalese SMEs and start-ups.
Headed by Olivier Furdelle, Teranga Capital is the third African fund sponsored by Investisseurs & Partenaires under the I&P Développement 2 program. The network currently includes a fund in Niger (Sinergi Niger), Burkina Faso (Sinergi Burkina), Ivory Coast (Comoé Capital) and Madagascar (Miarakap).