Agroserv Industrie, the latest investment realized by the I&P Afrique Entrepreneurs 2 (IPAE 2) funds, is a company specializing in maize transformation and commercialization in Burkina Faso. This is a good opportunity to look back on the journey of Siaka Sanon, at the head of the family business, and to mention its projects.
Investisseurs & Partenaires, through its fund I&P Afrique Entrepreneurs 2 (IPAE 2), is announcing a new equity investment: DELTA SA, a Senegalese company specialized in the sanitation and construction sector. I&P is carrying out its 10th equity investment in Senegal.
"Lead Campus - Sustainable Leadership In Africa'': Mialy Ranaivoson and Job Zongo complete their journeys
Mialy Ranaivoson and Job Zongo, respectively Investment Director of the IPAE fund and Managing Director of Sinergi Burkina, graduate with their "Lead Campus: sustainable leadership in Africa" 2022 executive certificates.
The April-May 2022 Newsletter is available! The newsletter notably contains:
⇒ An editorial signed by Carole Ramella, Managing Director of GFA Consulting and member of the IPAE 2 Investment Committy
During the first quarter, the I&P Afrique Entrepreneurs 2 (IPAE2) impact fund stood out for its active investment pace, welcoming three new companies with high growth potential into its portfolio in the space of a few months, in Côte d'Ivoire and Madagascar.
Created in 2012, HERi Madagascar is a company that specializes in the distribution and financing of solar energy solutions in rural areas of Madagascar.
HERi is a socially committed company that acts on the sustainable economic and social development of rural populations in Madagascar by distributing innovative products and services through a network of energy kiosks managed by women entrepreneurs.
HERi's activity consist of:
- A network of kiosks and distribution points managed by franchised women entrepreneurs who develop the activity of renting solar lamps to populations without electricity in rural areas;
- A network of Microfinance Institutions that offer a credit purchase of HERi products to their clients;
- A PAY-As-You-Go (PAYGo) financing model for people living in peri-urban and rural areas.
HERi is the exclusive representative in Madagascar of two suppliers of solar-powered lighting systems for domestic use: Fosera and d.light. The company currently owns about 100 kiosks and rents an average of 26,000 solar lamps per day.
Samy CHALIER holds an MBA from IE Business School and has 12 years of experience in international management. He has been supervising the restructuring and growth of HERi since 2016.
Ando RANDRIAMALALAHARISON holds a master's degree in finance and is an alumnus of AFD's Lead Campus program. She was an auditor in an accounting firm for 3 years before joining HERi in 2015 where she was first an internal auditor and then Administrative and Financial Director. Since 2017, Ando has been HERi's Deputy Managing Director.
Partnership with I&P
Investisseurs & Partenaires (I&P) has committed to HERi in order to:
- Develop a model for purchasing solar lighting systems on credit and at an affordable price for households through Pay-as-you-go;
- Enable energy inclusion for many families through a door-to-door approach;
- Fight climate change by providing clean, quality energy to the user;
- Create jobs in the most remote areas of Madagascar through its network of agents and franchisees.
The company's mission is to bring a better quality of life to the population of rural Madagascar by providing an affordable way to access clean energy essential to their daily activities.
HERi's expansion into the less developed island's regions will create jobs, which is a pillar of development and a source of income for households.
It will allow households to switch to quality, clean and safe energy and away from traditional light sources such as candles and oil lamps commonly used by the rural population.
Founded in 2002, DELTA S.A. is a family-owned Senegalese company specializing in sanitation and public works. DELTA provides maintenance of sewerage networks in several areas of the city of Dakar and in the regions of Saint-Louis, Ziguinchor, Kaolack and Tambacounda. Its interventions include:
- The management and maintenance of wastewater and stormwater networks to ensure the cleaning of pipes, their unclogging and proper maintenance and the connection of wastewater to the collective network;
- The provision of autonomous sanitation services consisting of the collection and transportation of sewage sludge for households and businesses, the cleaning and maintenance of fuel lines (for service stations) and water bodies. This service prevents illegal dumping and its harmful effects on the environment;
- The rental of mobile toilets, during large human gatherings (demonstrations, concerts, religious and traditional ceremonies, etc.) or on construction sites and military bases.
Since 2013, DELTA has also been diversifying its activities in the construction sector. The company offers services for the extension of sewerage networks (drinking water supply, roads, treatment plants) and the construction, renovation and maintenance of buildings (stadiums, agencies, high schools etc.).
DELTA is headed by Léna Tall, the company's founder and CEO. She has 20 years of experience in sanitation and is the only woman to lead a large company in the sector. Ms. Tall is well known in the sanitation sector. She was President of the Association des Acteurs de l'Assainissement du Sénégal (AAAS) and was named a "Role Model" by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
PARTNERSHIP WITH I&P
I&P has committed itself alongside DELTA to:
⇒ Support the company in consolidating its position as a leader in the sanitation sector
⇒ Support it in its desire to expand its activities in the sub-region
⇒ Strengthen the company's governance and human resources
⇒ Set up a management control and stable and efficient financial procedures allowing a better management of the activity
⇒ Support of a Senegalese female entrepreneur
⇒ Strong job creation: more than 30 full-time jobs
⇒ Strong ESG impact: contribution to the preservation of a healthy environment and to the health of populations by treating wastewater and solid waste
Read more about Delta SA
IPAE 2 has transferred its shares to the Kerry Group, world's leading taste and nutrition partner for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical markets company, operating on all continents.
Created in 2012, Go Africa Online (GAO) aims to support African professionals in their digitalization, their communication and the development of their clientele, thanks to a range of digital tools allowing a better visibility on the internet. GAO offers an online business book, referencing packages offering increased visibility on the internet through their promotion on the GAO website, as well as a range of digital marketing tools. Go Africa Online operates in Togo, Guinea, Ivory Coast and Benin.
David Encel is the founder and CEO of GAO. He was notably Sales Director and Director of Development for the 2H group (publisher of the paper phone book present in 14 African countries). He also has experience in advertising sales in France.
Michael Bettach is a digital entrepreneur who has founded and/or co-founded 4 digital companies since 2006. He is an expert in search engine optimization.
PARTNERSHIP WITH I&P
I&P has committed to work with Go Africa Online to:
• Develop and improve existing technological tools and create a new digital platform to strengthen interactions between companies
• Support the company in its geographical expansion
• Strengthen the Finance function, the structuring and the governance of the group
I&P and Go Africa Online have a common vision on the development of entrepreneurship in Africa. This will include :
⇒ Raising awareness among African companies and professionals on the challenges of digitalization
⇒ Supporting African companies in their digitalization process with the appropriate tools
⇒ Create qualified jobs in the digital sector